Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Feast of Christ The King



From the Introit:
Give to the King, O God, Thy justice, and to the King's Son Thy judgement.

Epistle from the letter of Blessed Paul the Apostle to the Colossians (1: 12-20)

Brethren: Giving thanks to God the Father, who hath made us worthy to be partakers of the lot of the Saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through his Blood, the remission of sins; who is the image of the invisible God, the first born of every creature: for in Him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible: whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers, all things were created by Him and in Him; and He is before all, and by Him all things consist, and he is the head of the body of the Church, who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in all things He may hold the primacy because in Him it hath well-pleased the Father that all fullness should dwell; and through Him to reconcile all things unto Himself, making peace through the Blood of His cross, both as to the things on earth, and the things that are in heaven, in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gopel:
According to St. John (18: 33-37)

At that time: Pilate said to Jesus: Art Thou King of the Jews? Jesus answered: Sayest thou this thing of thyself or have others told it thee of Me? Pilate answered: Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered Thee up to me: what hast Thou done? Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world, If My kingdom were of this world, My servants wouild certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from hence. Pilate therefore said to him: Art Thou a king then? Jesus answered: Thou sayest that I am a King. For this was I born, and for this came I into the world, that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth, heareth My voice.

No comments: