Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday after the Ascension

From the Introit:
Hear, O Lord, my voice with which I have cried to Thee, alleluia; my heart hath said to Thee, I have sought Thy face, Thy face, O Lord, I will seek: turn not away Thy face from me, alleluia, alleluia.

Epistle from the first letter of Blessed Peter the Apostle (4: 7-11):
Dearly beloved, Be prudent and watch in prayers. But before all things have a constant mutual charity among yourselves: for charity covereth a multitude of sins. Using hospitality one towards another, without murmuring: as every man hath received grace, of the manifold grace of God. If any man speak, let him speak, as the words of God: if any minister, let him do it, as the power which God administereth: that in all things God bay be honored through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gospel according to St. John (15: 26-27; 16: 1-4):
At that time, Jesus said to His disciples: When the Paraclete cometh, whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceedeth from the Father, He shall give testimony of Me: and you shall give testimony because you are with Me from the beginning. These things I have spoken to you, that you may not be scandalized. They will put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doth a service to God. And these things will they do to you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me. But these things I have told you, that, when the hour shall come, you may remember that I told you of them.

No comments: